Spring cleaners get their wish granted each year when National Clean Up Your Room Day arrives on May 10th. Children often dread this parent-appreciated day. Though, some years, the observance arrives with perfect timing for Mother’s Day! However, the observance doesn’t only target kids. It is also about picking up, straightening up, and cleaning up the whole house. Adults take spring cleaning seriously, and homes get aired out. They organize, de-clutter, and rearrange. It’s time to fix the broken and match up missing parts, like with like. We tackle cluttered closets and donate or throw away those things we no longer use. Help your children make their beds, clean their rooms, and eliminate the toys and clothing they have outgrown.
Videos and Blogs
For Questions please email: Laura@Swindenhomes.com or use the Contact us form at the bottom of the page.
Immaculate traditional glory greets the buyer on this Sommerset model home. Upgraded exterior includes bay windows in living and master bedroom. Brick and front porch elevation. An upgraded lot location sits on just over one third acre across from a subdivision pond. Glorious views. Neutral upgraded carpeting throughout and warm six panel hardwood pine doors are also upgrades in this home. French doors allow both light and privacy from the living room to the family room. There is a cozy wood burning fireplace currently with glass doors. Stunning deck and newer sliding glass door walks to a beautiful back yard with blooming trees and lilac bushes. This warm kitchen boasts a center island and plenty of cabinets and counter prep space. A first floor laundry, powder room, and dining room complete this floor. Pride of ownership is evident everywhere you look. The second story enjoys a large master suite with a full walk-in closet and separate shower and commode area. Three additional bedrooms and another full bathroom highlight this space. The basement is large and ready for your finishing touches. Stonebrook Estates is an easy commuter subdivision, close to I-94, Great America, and Gurnee Mills. It is minutes from schools and shopping. Make this your next home.
We celebrate National Space Day on the first Friday in May, or on May 7 this year. It was created to inspire all of us in the pursuit of knowledge and progress. There’s so much going on in the universe, it definitely deserves a day to reflect on everything! Though it’s unlikely you’ll be able to celebrate in outer space, you can still take part in your own corner of the universe with our gravity-defying facts, figures, and ideas for getting involved this National Space Day.
Lake County Fairgrounds will offer walk in COVID-19 vaccinations. The Health Department is pleased to announce that starting Saturday, May 1, 2021, the Lake County Fairgrounds (1060 E. Peterson Rd., Grayslake) will offer walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons.
Many people share multigenerational homes with their loved ones. Which means you might need more space. The Swinden Homes team will assist you in finding your home needs.
- If your house is feeling a little cramped with the addition of adult children or aging parents, it might be time to consider a move-up into a multigenerational home that better suits your changing needs.
- With benefits that include a combined homebuying budget and shared caregiving duties, an increasing number of households are discovering the value of a multigenerational home.
- With such high demand for houses today, now is a great time to sell so you can upgrade to a multigenerational home that may better suit your evolving needs.
There are reasons to make a cash offer. Let's discuss them! Benefits: Buyers who have enough money readily available may make a cash offer as a way to stand out from prospective buyers. Downsides: The buyer needs to have an enormous amount of liquid funds and a willingness to use them in this fashion rather than invested or saved in another form.
Where is your heart calling you? Find your dream home in Lake County, Illinois today with Swinden Homes!
- There’s no doubt about it: homeowners love their homes, and that feeling has become even more important over the past year.
- The vast majority of homeowners say they’re emotionally attached to their home and that it has kept them safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Owning a home provides a sense of safety, security, and accomplishment. Let’s connect to move your homeownership goals forward today.
Looking to build onto your financial investments? Contact us today and we can get you on the right path to homeownership A Fannie Mae survey recently revealed some of the most highly-rated benefits of homeownership, which continue to be key drivers in today’s power-packed housing market. Here are the top four financial benefits of owning a home according to consumer respondents:
- 88% – a better chance of saving for retirement
- 87% – the best investment plan
- 85% – the chance to be better off financially
- 85% – the chance to build up wealth